October 20, 2008

Dsc02228_edit



I absolutely am in love with Buzz and Bloom's new products.   Check out the gorgeous acrylic albums/books that are now available.    These acrylic pieces have such quality and detail to them.



When I saw the Beaded Curtain Acrylic Book, I saw Christmas written all over it.   This design looked like retro ornaments to me.   I am not much of a scrapbooker, but I decided I wanted to make a book highlighting my childhood Christmas memories.    I have become very nostalgic and thought this would be a great way to share some of my thoughts.   I have no pictures of my early Christmas's so I dove in and just made this without them.   It wasn't an obstacle for me and anyone hesitating to do an album without pictures... just do it!



Dsc02246_edit



The acrylic pieces come with a paper backing on them.   You don't realize how beautiful the etched design and the color is until you remove the protective backing.   This is the translucent "ruby" color.   Can you see how the first page inside the album is visible from the outside?    I left my cover plain, but you can do so many things with this acrylic - stamp on it, ink it, use rub ons, use markers and glitter glue...  so many more creative techniques too.



I used the Basic Grey "Figgy Pudding" coordinating papers for the inside of my album.   The papers made it simple since they are sturdy and  double-sided.    I decided to cover memories of Christmas trees, gift giving, stockings, foods, traditions, and favorites.    I first cut my pages in varying sizes and then reinforced the binding edge with a coordinating strip of cardstock before punching my holes.  Tip - make a simple template for punching the holes.



Dsc02155_edit



Here are the interior pages of my album.



Dsc02172_edit



Dsc02229_edit



Notice the staggered size of pages at the right side of the photo.



Dsc02230_edit_2



I added thoughts and stories about our families Christmas trees and stockings.



Dsc02231_edit



Dsc02213_edit



On the right page, I used another new Buzz and Bloom acrylic piece - Beaded Curtain in 'bottle green".



Dsc02232_edit



Dsc02187



On the Kitchen pages, I journaled about all my favorites holiday foods and stories.   I added a pocket page to hold favorite family recipies.



Dsc02233_edit



Dsc02234_edit



I journaled about all sorts of family traditions.    Everything from how the house was decorated to  christmas cards. 



Dsc02235_edit



Dsc02236_edit



Dsc02214_edit



I used my favorite chipboard alphabet - that 70's alphabet on this page.



Dsc02237_edit



I used a chipboard round corner flourish on the left page.



The last 2 pages are all about some holiday favorites - movies, songs, gifts.  I used a Buzz and Bloom chipboard timeline, and a chipboard long corner flourish.



Dsc02238_edit



Dsc02219_edit



Dsc02216_edit



Along with some thought out journaling, I really tried to spend some extra time on the little details.   I think that is what helps to make an album like this extra special.



Enjoy the new acrylic!!!   It is wonderful!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment